National Gastric Balloon Centre
Intra-Gastric Balloon Treatment
Here at the National Gastric Balloon Centre we are very passionate about
eating healthy, we also understand that a support programme and not just a diet needs to be implemented during the first 6 months of implantation of the air filled
balloon. That is why we have teamed up with experts from the scientific community and nutritional experts to develop a specific calorie controlled food package specific
addressing the dietary requirements
after balloon implantation. Our Nutri Packs are specifically engineered to contain exactly the right amounts of high quality
whey isolate proteins, complex carbohydrates that are released slowly throughout the day preventing the carbohydrates from
being stored as fat due to insulin spikes, all of the vitamins and minerals and healthy omega 3 fatty acids! We've already
counted the calories, all you have to do is eat!
Lifestyle Behaviour Programme
There are so many programmes to choose from these days it can all get
rather confusing. So we have put together four basic but very effective principles that our protocol is based around:
1. Obesity is passive (the next generation is heavier than the one before)
and this is the direct result of living within a modern society.
2. Obesity presents a health problem and is not cosmetic. This is
why the aetiology (cause) is important to establish treatment. Cosmetic treatments tend not to bother with the patient
after surgery hence do not have extensive lifestyle protocols to adhere to after surgery.
3. Weight Management has to be learned through education and implemented
into our lives.
4. The potential to change is within everyone and attitude to
change is vital to make progress
What Does It Involve?
- One to one weekly clinical review in private
- Detailed body composition baseline analysis
- Attending our 1 hour seminar every week for up to 8 weeks
- Incorporation of physical exersise through our fitness clubs around the UK
- Personal Trainer throughout the duration of the treatment
- Consultation with a registered UK dietician and food prescription
- Optional Nutri-Packs and healthy shakes
- Free cookery healthy eating books
- Regular contact with our bariatric education advisor